How it works
inReach Explorer is the satellite communicator from DeLorme that puts amazing functionality in the palm of your hand without having to pair the device.
- Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view.
- View route details such as distance and bearing to destination. Equipped with a digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer.
- Plan your route online ahead of time, including waypoints, and share it with family and friends to follow along and watch your progress.
- Send and receive 160-character text messages with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media.
- Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share you location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed.
- Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate back and forth with GEOS, 24/7 search and rescue monitoring centre.
- Audible message notifications.
Designed for maximum durability in harsh environments (waterproof, dustproof, & impact-resistant).
- Long-lasting internal rechargeable lithium battery for ultimate convenience and portability. 100 hours of battery life in 10 minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky.
- Built on award- winning inReach technology
Like our inReach SE, inReach Explorer can be used with DeLorme’s Earthmate app on a mobile device and connected through our Explore web portal. When paired with your mobile device, the capabilities of the inReach product range is enhanced. Previously downloaded map data is only accessible during paired mode. Pairing inReach allows you to use your mobile device to send messages from the Earthmate app.
Transform your smartphone or tablet into a global satellite communication and navigation tool with our free Earthmate app. Experience worry-free navigation and journey tracking with unlimited access to downloadable topographic maps on your bluetooth paired mobile device. Automatically sync your mobile device’s address book for easy texting. WayPoints and Routes functionality will be added in 2015
Prepare and share your journey with family and friends with our Explore web portal:
• Create multiple routes and waypoints before your journey for key locations and milestones.
• Share your planned route, actual tracks, waypoints, location and trip details with MapShare, including tracking and GPS information.
• Invite others to “ping” your inReach to see your location, activate tracking & exchange messages.
• Load pre-set messages to your inReach.
• Link to your social media accounts.
• View all your previous trips and messages.
• Manage your account & settings, including emergency contacts.
• Update your inReach firmware
WHY inReach™ ?
- Because it’s the first affordable two-way satellite communicator ever.
- Because it offers two-way SOS, sends pre-loaded text messages, and provides remote tracking.
- Because it offers interactive SOS messages, interactive text messaging and emailing, and updating of social networks.
- Because it offers Follow-Me/Find-Me Tracking and Location and full GPS navigation.
- Because it’s linked to GEOS emergency services and Iridium, the world’s only truly global network.
- Because it’s pocket-sized, durable, waterproof, buoyant, and impact-resistant.
- Because when it is used alone, it has more functionality than one-way messengers, and because when it is paired, there is no contest.
- Because it’s the first affordable two-way satellite communicator ever
What are my additional subscription costs/charges?
There is a one-time activation charge of $29.95. In addition, you need to choose a subscription plan that best fits your needs. You can also move up and down between the plans based on their seasonal activity.
Please note: this is a stand alone product is cannot currently be connected to the Myionu AVL Portal in Australia.
inReach SE uses the Iridium Network – check coverage here
inReach™ WEATHER FORECASTS ///
GET WEATHER FORECASTS SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR INREACH OR EARTHMATE APP ///
inReach™ forecasts deliver weather details directly to your inReach, giving you the information you need to make educated decisions and stay safe on your adventure. Request weather forecasts for your current location, for a specific waypoint, or by manually entering coordinates.
Basic: The Basic forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for three days in six-hour intervals. Each forecast counts as one satellite text message against your data plan.
Premium (Non-Marine): The Premium forecast includes temperature, precipitation, wind speed and direction, and atmospheric pressure details for seven days. The first twelve-hours are forecast in one-hour intervals, followed by intervals of increasing length for the remaining days. Additional charges apply, see website for details.
Premium (Marine): In addition to the details of the Premium forecast, the Marine feature also includes wave height, current, and visibility details.
Weather Forecast Fees
When you request a weather forecast using your inReach, the following rates apply:
Basic: Each forecast counts as one satellite text message against your plan.
Premium (Non-Marine): Each forecast costs $1.75 per request.
Premium (Marine): Each forecast costs $1.75 per request.