Myionu [my.eye.on.you] Meaning: To locate, track or find with the aid of GPS
Give your smartphone an inferiority complex.
While your average smartphone is great in places where people drink lattes (the 10% of the world that has cell phone coverage), with inReach you’re connected everywhere. Whether you’re crossing Antarctica or the Sahara, you’ll have reliable coverage on the other 90% of the earth — with the world’s only truly global network. Simply install the free DeLorme Earthmate app, and transform your smartphone or tablet into a two-way text-messaging global communications device and a GPS viewer (with the latest terrain and road details).
- Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Compose email or SMS address on the fly, or select from your phone contacts
- Compose and send messages up to 150 characters
- View incoming messages
- Post to Facebook, Twitter, or your own shared map
- Describe your situation in detail to improve emergency response
- Stay in touch for mutual status updates on your situation
- Automatic location tracking
Follow Me/Find Me Tracking and Location
- User-selected tracking interval (10 minutes to 4 hours)
- GPS position accuracy to within 5 meters
- View tracking breadcrumbs online
- Navigate with confidence using DeLorme Topo North America maps, DeLorme Digital Atlas of the Earth maps or NOAA Charts
- Unlike streaming maps, your downloaded maps remain available even when outside of cellular coverage
- Free app for smartphone users at iTunes.com or Googleplay.comenables free map downloads.
- iPod touch® (3rd and 4th generations)
- iPhone® 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad® (3rd generation)
- iPad 2
- Android phone
- Android tablet
- Dimensions: 3.4″ H (4.77″ including antenna), 2.85″ W, 1.73″ D; 8.6 cm H (12.1 cm including antenna), 7.2 cm W, 4.4 cm D
- Weight: 7 oz (198 g) without batteries; 8 oz (227 g) with 2 lithium batteries
- Waterproof and dustproof (IP68) and buoyant (it floats)
- Impact-resistant (Mil STD 810F)
- Operating temperature: −20°C to 70°C (−4°F to 158°F)
- Storage temperature: −45°C to 75°C (−49°F to 167°F)
- SOS locking mechanism complies with RTCM SC-128 for satellite emergency notification devices (SEND); prevents false alarms and supports one-handed gloved operation
- GPS chipset for remote tracking and embedding location coordinates in all sent messages. Accuracy +/− 5 meters
- GPS fix reports position, speed, course, and elevation with each track or message sent
- Uses two AA lithium batteries (included)
- Lithium batteries provide the best performance and are strongly recommended. Alkaline and NiMH batteries also supported
- Battery life: 125 hours (lithium) sending one-track point every 10 minutes; results will vary depending on usage conditions
What’s in the Box?
- inReach 2-way communicator with GPS
- USB to micro-USB cable for firmware updates
- 2 AA lithium batteries
- Quick Start Guide
- Activation and SOS information card
- GEOS search and rescue information
What are my additional subscription costs/charges?
There is a one-time activation charge of $49.95. In addition, you need to choose a subscription plan that best fits your needs. You can also move up and down between the plans based on their seasonal activity.
Please note: this is a stand alone product is cannot currently be connected to the Myionu AVL Portal in Australia.
|Text Messages/inReach Messages||Pay as you go||20 Included||40 Included|
|Cost Per Message||75c||50c||50c|
|Tracking Point||100 Included||300 Included||600 Included|
|Cost Per Track Point||25c||15c||15c|
|On Off Activation Fee||$49.95||$49.95||$49.95|
inReach uses the Iridium Network – check coverage here