Lone Worker Protection From $199
In business the number of lone workers is on the increase. As a lone worker your staff will be without close or direct supervision and away from their business base. This means they are potentially more at risk of facing a dangerous situation in the workplace. This is a real risk for any business particularly in the energy and utilities industries, these ‘lone workers’ can face hazards on a daily basis. Field maintenance workers, truck and tanker drivers, pipeline workers and those involved in drilling or refining are just a few examples of workers who often operate alone, in remote or high risk environments.
Who are lone workers?
Lone workers are those who work by themselves without close or direct supervision. Anybody who works alone, including contractors, self-employed people and employee, is classed as a lone worker.
Lone workers include:
- people in fixed establishments where only one person works on the premises, e.g. in small workshops, kiosks, petrol stations, shops and home-workers
- people work separately from others, e.g. in factories, warehouses, some research and training establishments, leisure centres or fairgrounds
- people who work outside normal hours, e.g. cleaners, security, special production, maintenance or repair staff, etc.
- people who work working away from their fixed base, e.g. on construction, plant installation, maintenance and cleaning work, electrical repairs, lift repairs, painting and decorating, vehicle recovery, etc.
- agricultural and forestry workers
- service workers, e.g. rent collectors, postal staff, social workers, home helps, district nurses, pest control workers, drivers, engineers, architects, estate agents, sales representatives and similar professionals visiting domestic and commercial premises
Myionu has a comprehensive range of tracking and safety solutions to protect your lone workers. As a business you’ll have a duty of care to your employees. Our systems provide your business with some of the tools to help meet your responsibilities.